Dataedo 7 License
Editions mean a particular scope of functionality of Programs. There are following editions of Programs: Lite, Education, Pro, Pro+, Enterprise, and Enterprise Viewer (Perpetual or Subscription).
License means the right to use Programs.
Licensee means individual or entity (inclusive of affiliates and subsidiaries) that has licensed Programs under the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Named User means an individual person assigned by Licensee to use Programs.
Programs mean all software executables bundled in Dataedo installer downloaded from Dataedo website.
Export means one of the outputs of Programs in a generic file format such as image, spreadsheet, HTML page, or PDF document.
Enterprise Export means an HTML Export named "HTML with Business Glossary".
Please read the following lines carefully before using this software. If you disagree with any of the following, you are not allowed to use this program. You MUST then delete it immediately.
GRANT OF LICENSE
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Logic Systems sp. z o.o. grants to Licensee
- In case of using a Lite Edition - a non-exclusive, non-transferable perpetual license to use Programs in all versions free of charge and entitles Licensee to use it freely, including commercial purposes.
- In case of using an Education Edition - a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use Programs in all versions free of charge and entitles Licensee to use it for educational, non-commercial purposes.
- In case of purchasing of a 7 Pro or 7 Pro+ Perpetual License - a non-exclusive, non-transferable perpetual license to use Programs in relevant edition in version 7.x.
- In case of purchasing of an Enterprise Perpetual License - a non-exclusive, non-transferable perpetual license to use the Enterprise edition of Programs and Enterprise Export in version 7.x.
- In case of purchasing of a Pro or Pro+ Subscription - a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use Programs in relevant edition in all versions for a period of 365 days from the day of receiving of the license.
- In case of purchasing of an Enterprise Subscription - a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Enterprise edition of Programs and Enterprise Export in all versions for a period of 365 days from the day of receiving of the license.
- In case of purchasing of an Enterprise Viewer Subscription - a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access Enterprise Export for a period of 365 days from the day of receiving of the license.
Access and use of Exports, except Enterprise Export, are available for free without time constraints for everybody and can be shared publicly on the Internet.
Licensee may use the Programs in executable format for its own use, and may not translate or modify the licensed programs or incorporate them into other software.
Licensee may not transfer or sublicense the Licensed Programs to any third party, in whole or in part, in any form, whether modified or unmodified.
Each license is granted to one Named User. Licensee may transfer a license from one Named User to another Named User, but not more often than once in 30 days.
Named User may be any person - employee, contractor, consultant, customer or partner.
Users with Lite Edition license will have limited access to functionality and data.
With the issuing of trial keys Logic Systems sp. z o.o. grants specific individuals a non-transferable, nonexclusive right to use the Programs for the sole purpose of evaluation of the product for a specified period of time.
After the trial ends, any Export generated during evaluation period must be deleted.
Logic Systems sp. z o.o. retains the right to terminate Trial at any point in time.
All fees are exclusive of all taxes or duties imposed by governing authorities. You alone are responsible for payment of all such taxes or duties.
Licensee may make copies of the Licensed Program in executable code form as necessary for use by Licensee and backup or archive purposes.
Licensee is permitted to
- in case of using Lite Edition - use Programs in all versions
- in case of purchasing 7 Pro, 7 Pro+ or Enterprise Perpetual License - use Programs in all 7.x versions
- in case of purchasing Pro, Pro+ or Enterprise Subscription - use Programs in all versions
All releases can be obtained by download from
All support is provided via email at
email@example.com and community forum available at
Support is only available for Pro, Pro+ and Enterprise Editions license holders, for one year from purchasing the license.
The original and any copies of the Licensed Programs, made by Licensee, including translations, compilations, partial copies, modifications, and updates, are the property of Logic Systems sp. z o.o.
COLLECTION OF USAGE DETAILS
Logic Systems sp. z o.o. collects some Program usage information (IP address and Program version) during program launching, installation, and deinstallation. No private user data is collected. Licensee is allowed to block this feature using a firewall.
Logic Systems sp. z o.o. licenses and Licensee accepts, the licensed programs "AS IS." Logic Systems sp. z o.o. provides no warranties as to the function or use of the licensed programs, whether express, implied, or statutory, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the licensed program is with the licensee. Licensor does not warrant that the functions contained in the licensed programs will meet licensee's requirements or that the operation of the licensed programs will be uninterrupted or error-free.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Logic Systems sp. z o.o. liability to the licensee under any provisions of this agreement for damages finally awarded shall be limited to the amounts actually paid hereunder by Licensee to Logic Systems sp. z o.o. In no event shall Logic Systems sp. z o.o. be liable for indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, including loss of use, loss of profits or interruption of business, however, caused or on any theory of liability.
This Agreement shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of the Republic of Poland. The Republic of Poland shall be the appropriate venue and jurisdiction for the resolution of any disputes hereunder. Both parties hereby consent to such personal and exclusive jurisdiction.